Companies trading at a discount to its cash in the bank make tempting takeover targets. This includes the names on our list today.
Caesars Entertainment Corp. (NASDAQ: CZR) – $7.43
Casinos & Gaming
Caesars Entertainment Corporation (Caesars) is a holding and casino-entertainment and hospitality services company. The Company’s facilities include gaming offerings, food and beverage outlets, hotel and convention space, and non-gaming entertainment options. Its business operations include Caesars Entertainment Resort Properties; Caesars Growth Partners Casino Properties and Developments; Caesars Interactive Entertainment and Caesars Entertainment Operating Company.
- Market Cap: $1,337,231,012
- Revenue (LTM): $7,010,510,140
- Operating Income (LTM): $9,249,406,780
- Cash and ST Investments (LFQ): $2,141,900,800
Molina Healthcare Inc. (NYSE: MOH) – $55.60
Healthcare Facilities & Services
Molina Healthcare, Inc. provides health care to those receiving Government assistance. The Company offers Medicaid-related solutions for low-income families and individuals, and assists state agencies in their administration of the Medicaid program. The Company operates through two segments: Health Plans segment and Molina Medicaid Solutions segment.
- Market Cap: $4,727,134,002
- Revenue (LTM): $16,487,437,785
- Operating Income (LTM): $511,026,466
- Cash and ST Investments (LFQ): $4,826,501,222
Looking for more hidden gems? Get your free Ubika Technology 20 Monthly report.
The Ubika Technology 20 index (UT20) eased 2.7% during the past month, powering past the TSX Venture Index’s 7.9% slide yet falling short of the TSX Info. Tech Index’s gain of 2.2%. Mitel Networks Corporation (TSX: MNW) was the top-performing component company this month, jumping more than 19% after reporting better-than-expected Q3 financial results. Get your copy of the Ubika Technology 20 report here >>
SunEdison Inc. (NYSE: SUNE) – $2.86
SunEdison, Inc. (SunEdison) is a developer and seller of photovoltaic energy solutions, an owner and operator of clean power generation assets, and a developer and manufacturer of silicon wafers. The Company operates in three segments: Solar Energy, TerraForm Power and Semiconductor Materials through SunEdison Semiconductor Ltd. (SSL).
- Market Cap: $1,368,719,327
- Revenue (LTM): $2,321,028,400
- Operating Income (LTM): -$1,105,793,180
- Cash and ST Investments (LFQ): $3,185,561,600
Bombardier Inc. (TSX: BBD.B) – $1.28
Aerospace & Defense
Bombardier Inc. (Bombardier) is a manufacturer of transportation equipment, including business and commercial aircraft and rail transportation equipment and systems, and is a provider of related services. The Company carries out its operations in two segments: aerospace through Bombardier Aerospace (BA) and rail transportation through Bombardier Transportation (BT).
- Market Cap: $2,911,763,420
- Revenue (LTM): $23,781,709,800
- Operating Income (LTM): -$6,993,896,400
- Cash and ST Investments (LFQ): $3,844,505,600
Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. (OTCBB: FMCC) – $2.13
Corporate Financial Services
Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation is engaged in the investment of mortgage loans and mortgage-related securities. The Company purchases residential mortgages originated by mortgage lenders. It packages the mortgage loans into mortgage-related securities, which are guaranteed by it and sold in the global capital markets. The Company operates in three segments: Single-family Guarantee, Investments and Multifamily.
- Market Cap: $1,849,743,488
- Revenue (LTM): $84,052,037,500
- Operating Income (LTM): $16,224,176,300
- Cash and ST Investments (LFQ): $6,656,000,000