Westward Gold Inc. (CSE:WG) is a gold junior that’s cashed up and hunting in elephant country
Bob Moriarty | July 6, 2022 | SmallCapPower: Markets go up, markets go down. Investors love it when all their stocks go up and like to panic when all their stocks go down. That’s what happens in corrections. We are in a correction. That doesn’t mean panic. It means opportunity.
(The following is an article originally published on 321gold.com on April 29, 2022)
In my best seller, Basic Investing in Resource Stocks, I literally devoted one entire chapter of the book to what I called Moriarty’s Dozen Rules of Investing. I just went back to the book to see what I said about markets going up and down and the rules were so good that I thought I should throw them in for free.
Moriarty’s Dozen Rules of Investing
- All markets are manipulated all of the time by everybody involved. If you can’t handle that, don’t invest.
- Markets go up, markets go down.
- Markets tend to overshoot, and when they do, there is often an equal and opposite move.
- With any investment, buy cheap and sell expensive.
- Markets deviate from the mean and always regress to the mean.
- The most dangerous words in investing are “This time it’s different.” It’s never different.
- Weak hands buy at tops and sell at bottoms. Strong hands buy at bottoms and sell at tops. It’s vital that investors remember that at every top there are 50 reasons to buy, and at every bottom there are 50 reasons to sell. That’s what makes them tops and bottoms.
- In matters financial, everyone has a bias and an agenda.
- To make money, figure out what the experts and gurus recommend and then do the opposite. For there are no true experts or gurus; only people who want others to believe they are.
- In a bull market, pretty much everything goes up regardless of value. In a bear market, pretty much everything goes down no matter the merits of the investment. You need to know which you are in. It’s not rocket science.
- If you don’t sell at a profit, the only alternative is to sell at a loss.
- Profitable investing is simple but not easy.
For years I have been predicting a major market crash as serious as that in 1929-1937. Investors who hate people who have an opinion have written me dozens of times saying that I was dead wrong because it hadn’t happened yet. But no one can predict time. Luckily for me, it has arrived just in time to make me look smart instead of stupid.
If the general market does what it did from September of 1929 until July of 1932, it will decline by 89%.
That does not mean panic. It means opportunity.
From July of 1932 to June of 1933 the market went up 150%. It did the same thing after the 2008 crash with many stocks going up 1000%. This is your opportunity to make your fortune should the general market drag resource stocks down as well it might. Same, same for December of 2015 to July of 2016 with many stocks up hundreds of percent.
Corrections are where you make the money.
At the bottom you need to be looking for low priced stocks with 1000% potential. And do not be concerned with many of your stocks declining in big ways. There will be so many good stocks selling for pennies that you can either go to sleep for six months and wake up rich or you can trade good stocks selling well under their real value for stocks being given away by the weak hands.
Someone contacted me last week with a young company that ticks all the boxes.
Westward Gold Inc. (CSE:WG) is an 18-month-old company with a gold project on the Cortez Trend in Nevada with 3,830 Ha land position. There is a historic resource of 173,000 ounces of gold at 1.20 g/t gold. With a market cap today of about $7 million and $2.3 million in the bank Westward is only getting $25 USD per ounce.
The top notch technical team led by Richard Bedell, Steven Koehler and Alan Carter have conduced the near surface gold resource is the top of a potential multi-million ounce Carlin Style gold system below.
Richard Bedell, of course, is one of the founding partners of the company that discovered the Long Canyon Gold Mine later sold to Newmont for $2.3 billion. AuEx went from $.50 to $6.50 on the sale. Steven Koehler was part of the discovery of eleven Carlin Style properties with six of those becoming mines.
The company has an approved plan of operation. They begin a 4,000-meter RC drill program in June with 12-15 holes planned for between 250m-300m deep. Historic drilling went below 180 meters in only 16% of the drilling. Obviously there is major expansion potential with the deeper drilling. The company is in elephant country with the famous Cortez Hills Mine only 10 Km away.
This is the kind of company I look for. It’s cheap, it’s cashed up and they have a plan that will have results out by the end of the summer and could be spectacular. With a market cap of $7 million now, a couple of good holes could make it a ten bagger.
Westward Gold is an advertiser. I have bought shares in the open market and that makes me biased. Do your own due diligence.
To read our full disclosure, please click on the button below: